Sorts of hosting services
A hosting service is related to hoarding and/or sharing specific content on a server run by a website hosting company. There are different categories of hosting services utilized for different goals, so let's have a peek at them. In that way, you can decide what you want, depending on whether you desire to set up a blog, e-mails, or to share files with mates and colleagues.
- File hosting: a service offered by various providers, which permits you to share huge files. These could be disk images, films, audio files, archives, etc. This solution is also known as file storage, and its single objective is to share files, since it does not support web site uploading. Once the files are uploaded, you will either receive a randomly generated download link for each of them, or you will be able to survey a table of all the files in a directory, but you will be unable to see .html or .php web site files in your web browser. Free file storage packages are frequently supported by displaying ads beside the download links, while a timer compels you to await a certain spell of time to perceive them. A single file can be downloaded with limited speed. If you run a paid file hosting package, there are no limitations as to how many files you can upload/download straight away, and also there is no restriction in regard to the download speed or the file size.
Now, with the help of the cPanel hosting traders, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more modern "cloud hosting". This is a totally imprecise interpretation of the literal meaning of "cloud hosting". A real cloud website hosting environment would divide the tasks at hand between individual bunches of hosting servers in a cluster, which are committed to serving miscellaneous website hosting services (email, web space, stats, DNS, databases, web space hosting CP, etc.) So, the file hosting solution is only a sort of a disk space hosting service, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even near.
- Image hosting: close to file hosting; given corporations provide a hosting service for pictures only. This hosting type is good if you would like to share a vast number of images with friends or acquaintances since the service is generally free of charge. You will get a random link for every pic or album and you can then share this link. As with the file hosting solution, .html and .php files are not supported, so the service cannot be used for web pages.
- Email hosting: a service committed to handling your e-mail box accounts. Some distributors offer webspace hosting solutions for web sites, but do not supply an email solution. If you would like to keep an e-mail address with your domain name but do not desire to run a web site, then the email hosting service is what you need. You can create mail address accounts and manage them, but there will be no hosting service for the domains. The email hosting service includes incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP email servers.
- Video hosting: this solution enables you to upload and share video clips. You can either share a link to a given video, or you can embed the video clip in your site that is hosted somewhere else. The benefit of availing of this approach instead of uploading the video in a hosting account is that the video file generates a specific amount of CPU load, so with a bunch of videos and a few hundred web page viewers, you may have trouble with your web page hosting reserves. Embedding the video clip will allow you to manage as many video clips as you wish without bothering about system supplies.
- Website hosting: this is the service that you need if you want to run a site. To a certain extent, it comprises all of the abovementioned hosting varieties since, along with your web pages, you can also host pics and files, you can set up databases and e-mail box accounts, upload video files, and so on. At Narree, for example, you can see web hosting and dedicated server hosting solutions that allow you to have all of the aforementioned services in one place. There may be restrictions based on the sort of hosting service that you've selected - a free hosting package, a paid shared hosting plan, a VPS or a dedicated server. Based on that, your website hosting package may be better or worse in comparison with the conventional e-mail/file/video/image hosting plans that are tailored for particular content exclusively.